Overland Adventure Trucks Africa & Central Asia
The majority of our vehicles are Scania 93 series 4x2 trucks of between 220 and 280 horsepower.
They are custom built trucks made to handle and deal with the terrain and climates we encounter along the way on our trips. In Africa we have our own workshop based in Harare, Zimbabwe which all of our vehicles visit every 3 months for servicing. Our Central Asia vehicles return to the UK each winter to be serviced in our workshop.
During all the trips regular maintenance is carried out by our drivers who have received training at our workshop in the UK. Our vehicles are built mainly in the UK, with practicality and comfort in mind and you can rest assured that we own and operate all of our own expedition vehicles.
The diagram below provides a general idea of the layout of an Oasis Overland Adventure vehicle in Africa & Central Asia.
Click here to view a short clip of the truck image below on You Tube OR
Click here to enlarge the diagram below
Key Features of Oasis Expedition Vehicles
All trucks are equipped with:
- A mixture of 24 inward, forward and rear facing coach seats with head rests, providing more storage space for your souvenirs and luggage, as well as extra leg room to stretch out on the longer journeys (thus avoiding the typical 'bus' type layout of all forward facing seats with narrow aisles and cramped leg room with less storage).
- 'The Beach' is a unique feature of Oasis Overland vehicles which enables several people at a time to be up and out in the open at the front of the truck with panoramic views on our Africa & Central Asia trips
- Under-seat storage for your backpack so you have easy access - even when driving
- A mixture of sliding and/or roll-up side and rear windows, providing extensive all round viewing
- All trucks are equipped with sand mats and, where necessary tyre chains
- 12V charging points for Video and Mobile phone batteries
- A comprehensive range of spare parts and tools
- Large dried and fresh food storage capacities
- Onboard truck safe for valuables and money
- Overhead lockers for cameras & daybags
- On board stereo with MP3 & iPod adaptor
- Large water carrying capacity
- Internal truck buzzer system
- Internal & external lighting
- Long range fuel tanks
- Fitted Seatbelts
Accessory equipment carried:
- Spacious 'Dome' style two-person tents with in-built ground sheets and mosquito netting
- Cooler boxes (for storage of fresh food and drinks)
- All weather awnings for wet weather and shade
- Professionally compiled expedition medical kit
- All cooking and cutlery equipment
- Well stocked on-board library
- Gas cooker & fire grate